Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Diet Change


As y'all know, I am playing around with my diet, learning the ropes and how my body reacts. I did not drop one ounce this whole week of eating clean and hitting the gym hard. For those who don't know, I hit the gym hard nearly everyday and have for a couple years now. I have done a figure competition but want more mass for the next comp season. So here I have been taking a few months off to eat large and lift heavy. Now I have to start cutting a little and I feel a half pound to a pound would be a nice slow cut since I don't compete until May and even then I may have to wait until fall time frame. I want to keep as much muscle as possible.
So since the last week brought no changes despite my best efforts, I am going NO DAIRY for this week and seeing what happens. I am planning to switch my dairy over to egg whites and hoping the slight increase in protein will be better for me. I already eat about 200 grams of protein per day so I am not worried about my protein consumption. I am worried though that if I reduce carbs, I may grow too tired to lift heavy. I am still in my phase of training where I need to be lifting lower reps, higher weights so the carb loss could be detrimental to my progress if I don't play it smart. Isn't it fun reading all about my experiment???? Let's hope I succeed. Of course, I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. I think you will be fine, I was on a low carb diet all year and lots of energy, your body will adapt to it.

    ReplyDelete